Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A place where LaMarina owners can exchange information, express their opinions, ask questions and find out what's happening. Debate and discussion are encouraged as long as it is respectful.
3 comments:
Thank you for your comments, Joan. I think there is some additional information from Gail Hudson that may shed further light on what many owners do not understand: Why Jeff George is withholding his monthly fees. I will post it soon.
Hi Joan. Yes, you should be pretty impressed with yourself, because you have been able to post your comments on the blog quite well. I do disagree with you in this case, but I welcome the dialogue. I certainly understand your position because we are all worried about La Marina operations and finances. I'm going to be adding some other information to the Blog that might clarify some reasons we're pushing for a change in approach to the current situation.
Rest assured that I respect your opinion and perspective and I'm glad you decided to share it. I always look forward to the 'game' playing at La Marina! Thanks. Eileen
PS. You can also email me from the Blog by clicking on my name on the 'Contributors' list and then click 'email.'
Posted at the request of Gail Hudson-
Joan,
Thank you so very very much for your interest in this.. it has been a real hard year for all of us at lamarina. I have a long letter l will try to download to you to explain more of the matters at hand.. It has been very hard for me the past 6 month here at lamarina and it is long to explain all the legal in's and out's and is very involved. So l hope i can make sense to you for everyone, l feel, should know as much as they can about the problems we are having. There are different ones but the Jeff George issue is not all about money, it is about the owners rights, the laws being carried out as the law states. The reason the fees are not getting paid by Jeff is because his lawyer feels that the problems have been over looked in the past years, even after he has written many letters about the by-laws not being done correctly, the meetings not held right, the fee's collected when the homeowners had no say or vote in some of them .. the name not getting filed ... and then more rules and by-laws changed that were not done in a legal way ...He had to come up with some method to finally get the
attention of the management to make the changes that NEED to be corrected... It is, I am sorry to say, not a petty issue, but ensuring the laws that really protect you and your investment are followed ... the things they want ARE for the better of your investment.. It keeps you safe from someone raising fee's in the middle of the year for A BUDGET THAT MIGHT HAVE RUN way over or for say ... some one who wants to park a bus in the parking lot.. or say take your vote away for say the management wants to buy a new boat with your money... this are just examples ... but the bottom line is, if Jeff did not hold back his payments, there would be no effort to correct things. for he had asked the board before and they just said, oh well, and went on their merry way... I have studied the laws now and some of the issues we will have to go though to get this corrected and as i told our Lawyers just tonight and they agree 100% it is going to be a hard road and much easler to walk away and do nothing... but we must correct it.. and we really do not have to have a law suite against him.. as l have said before, lets just go down the list and correct them.. and get this finished...
Jeff and his Lawyer feel they (lamarina) will not hear the truth that needs to be corrected... and i must say, after trying just to get our income and expense sheets corrected and balance sheet since Dec 2005 and they still won't change on that, i am beginning to wonder... I hope you understand this and more of it will come to you soon..in my letter;; please email me again if you need any answers.. I will try to help... But this too has been a hard one on me too.. but please trust me when i say the Georges care about Lamarina and want the outcome to be an honest place and a correct legal place.. they are not trying to hurt any of us.. for one they own more units then any of us .. so why would they want to hurt themselves?? But this was the last resort they had to get the point across... and the sooner we move on the plan to complete the steps the sooner they will pay.. and BELIEVE ME I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR ALMOST 3 MONTHS IN THE HEAT ,, WITH A BROKEN LEG, WITH OUT A POOL TO GET COOLED DOWN IN AnD WORKING DAILY ON THE ISSUE AND I AM GETTING ANSWERS SLOWLY BUT SURELY FROM THE GOVERNMENT , BANKS TRUSTEE DEPT. , LAWYERS AND OTHER educated people. sO LETS WORK AS A TEAM ... i AM SORRY ALso THAT PART of the board did not work faster on this and just work on the steps to compete the issues that make us all legal and then we will not even have to go to court and lose more money, for i have talked to many lawyers and even a Judge and Jeff will win in the end. We have not been legal in the eyes of the Mexican laws. Friend or no Friend it is the law THAT RULES...THANKS AGAIN JOAN...really i am happy to see an owner like yourself that cares!!
Gail Hudson
Post a Comment